Most small businesses “know” they need a website. But according to the Small Business Administration, only about half of them have one. So why are so many small businesses going without something that can do so much for them?
Maybe they don’t know how to get started. Or they’re worried it will be too complicated or expensive. Besides, not all of their competitors have one. And will it really even add any value?
Your website is the only employee you will ever have that will work for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It lets people know who you are, what you do, how you operate, and what they can expect when they do business with you. The overwhelming majority of consumers look for products and services online before they buy, and a quality website lets them know that you’re “real” and allows them to start building a relationship with you before you even meet them.
An effective website allows you to…
- Showcase your products and services
- Post your hours of operation
- Supply pricing information if desired
- Tell your “story”
- Introduce your staff
- Offer a virtual tour of your facilities
- Show off your previous work
- Share testimonials from satisfied customers
- Provide ways of contacting you (phone, email, online forms, etc.)
- Publicize news about your business (new offerings, special events, etc.)
- Offer tips and advice related to your industry
- Conduct Business
- Generate leads with online forms
- Accept payments online (with PayPal)
All at the click of a button.
Would you like to know more? Learn how Barking Dog Website Design works…